March 26, 2020
At Neuro-Behavioral Clinical Research, safety is out top priority. As efforts concerning the containment of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) expand and evolve here in the U.S., and around the world, we want to assure you we focus on three things:
- Ensuring the safety of our volunteers, their caregivers, our research team, members and our community at large.
- Continue to provide our best possible service to all Study Volunteers, Study Sponsors, and Contract Research Organizations (e.g. CROs)
- Supporting local efforts to limit the spread and impact of COVID-19.
To those ends, we determine here at Neuro-Behavioral Clinical Research that it is critical we implement new/additional measures according to the CDC, FDA, and the Ohio Department of Health guidelines to do our part to minimize the spread of COVID-19. These changes take place immediately.
Benefits of Participating in a Clinical Research Trial
- In our current uncertain times, participating in clinical trials remains an important healthcare option. You will continue to receive quality care from us at no cost to you.
- We receive funding to provide this care, which includes laboratory, EKG, MRI, and different medial testing with detail and precision as well as (usually) study-related medication, which is also at no cost for patients.
- We never charge your insurance and your information is completely confidential.
- We provide courtesy care before and after study participation.
- We make sure our patients receive a proper diagnosis, as well as connecting patients with the appropriate doctors, hospitals, or other medical providers.
- If you are already working with a doctor, we will work collaboratively to help find the best possible treatment(s) for you.
- By participating in Clinical Research Trials you are helping yourself and generations to come in finding new cutting-edge treatments.
- Patients receive compensation for time, travel, and food.
- We provide transportation services to you for free. We have on-sight drivers.
- We are asking everyone to minimize their use of public transportation (this includes Uber ad lyft) Moving forward we are greatly reducing the use of these transportation services with the safety in mind for all of us. Please plan to attend your appointment and study visits without the use of Uber or Lyft.
- If you are unable to make travel plans, contact our office we will do our best to help you.
- Please DO NOT bring any additional persons with you to your appointment. (Friends, family, spouse/partner, children, etc.) to your appointment unless a study coordinator requests you to do so. If other people arrive with you, we will politely ask them to leave.
What to Expect as a Study Participant
During the Coronavirus Outbreak
Please arrive for your appointment 10 minutes early. A team member ill greet you at the entrance for a health screening prior to entering the clinic. This screening will include a temperature check and a few pertinent questions about your health, as well as your social circle. If your temperature is above 104.4, we may ask you to leave the office. We ask you to self monitor your temperature in the upcoming days. This is with everyone’s best (health related) interests in mind. If your temperature is normal, we will ask you to wash your hands per CDC guidelines.
While waiting for your appointment, we will ask you stay in your car to minimize the number of people in the office at one time. If you have a temperature, or a cough we will conduct the visit virtually and send staff to draw blood and provide medication.
If you have a temperature or a cough we will conduct the visit virtually and send staff to draw blood and provide medication.
Please do not bring anyone along with you, come alone to your appointments and study visits unless a study coordinator requests otherwise. This includes children, partners/spouses, family, friends, etc. If other persons arrive with you, we will politely ask them to leave.
During this time, we are asking patients to reduce their use of public transportation. This includes both Uber and Lyft. Moving forward, we are significantly reducing the our Uber and Lyft use. If you are unable to make transportation arrangements please call the office and left us know, we are happy to help find a solution.
We will continue to diligently keep our office environment clean and sanitary per CDC guidelines. You will see us wiping down all surfaces throughout the clinic after EACH use. This includes bathrooms, exam rooms, waiting rooms, lounge areas, front desk, and so on. We clean our NBCR facility per CDC guidelines.
Our staff has made a commitment to not put themselves at risk. They have been practicing social distancing by remaining in small gatherings 6 feet apart, and staying cautious in public.
Currently, we do not anticipate interruption in out clinic schedule. We will continue to communicate as we implement change.
Please do your part and stay safe and well. Together we will get through this and be even stronger.